Thanks to everyone who has helped us so far. Many thanks for the wonderful response our project has received too.
We are very satisfied with the impacti it has had both amongst friends and acquaintances as well as organisations and media.In the process, we have learned several things:
Having a nurse for only 2 or 3 months a year is difficult, so we should be able to pay her an annual salary so she could work with us year round.
The minimum expenses of keeping a project in Nepal are high. We must find a way to get periodical donations. The follow-up for the girls has to be done close to them and often.
Nepal seems very far away: Europe is undergoing times of changes and turbulence, and being empathetic to people so far away is not always easy when we are already busy at home.
The whole volunteer team at be artsy would like to thank you for trusting us and we assure you we are doing everything possible to make the most of the funds received, to offer our workshops to as many girls and women as possible.
We would like to take the chance to thank the organisation Time for Action in particular for their €1,000 donation to our project. Realising that organisations which are already in the area trust us is a pleasure. We would also like to thank Amics del Nepal and all the other donors who would rather remain anonimous. 🙂
– At the moment of writing this article, we have received the following donations: through migranodearena (Fundació Real Dreams) we have received €5,235 in donations (this includes the fundraiser and the online women circle). However, once comissions for Paypal, TPV, VAT use and Fundació real Dream’s comission are deducted, we are left with €4,913.91.
– Through Paypal, we have received donations amounting to €106. The final amount we get – once their commissions are deducted – is €100,91.
– We have received €1,629 through direct donations to our bank account.
With that, we have learned several things: regarding donations, the more direct they are, the better. Whenever possible, the most convenient way to receive them is straight to our bank account. However, this implies that our donors cannot claim tax deductions.
– Paypal is not as bad as we thought.
– Migranodearena is very practical for people who want to have their donations deducted from taxes, but the amount that gets lost in the way through their commission, VAT, and payment methods is very high.
All the above amounts to €6,643.5 – we have not yet reached our goal of €8,000. Moreover, as we already knew, implementing projects in Nepal is not easy, even less so in such remote areas. The pilot project is taking longer than expected and our expenses are rising.
With the money we have, we will do as much as we can.
(We have also received donations related to the exhibitions, but these have not covered the printing costs yet. We won’t be able to account for related donations until we sell them all).
Would you help us raise funds for our project aimed at girls in Nepal?
Now you can donate for paying one month salary to the nurse, or for some hygiene kit or for the menstrual cup control in September: http://beartsy.org/get-involved-with-rato-baltin
Or If you feel like it, you can donate via bank transfer at: Banc Sabadell IBAN: ES23 0081 0900 8200 0430 1934 BIC: BSABESBB (Your Recurring donation will help us have a better planning of our budget to carry out the projects undertaken.)
or take a look others ways to donate in http://beartsy.org/donate/
Thank You! 🙂
Project Web page: http://beartsy.org/rato-baltin-project-chhaupadi-red-bucket-project/
Latest News: http://beartsy.org/category/news/